Water Damage Can Happen in Any Home
No business is immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your home. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the emotional and financial toil that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals immediately to minimize the amount of water damage your property will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and fix the problem. While we can help repair your property, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Knowing how to protect your home from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when extra water collects in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis can come to your house to assess water damage at a moment's notice. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, you'll be able to live in your house for a long time. Both outside elements and elements inside your house can cause flooding. Despite how water damage can occur, it's important to be vigilant. Do you suspect that there is water damage in your house? Look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Avoiding Water Damage
Are you worried about your house receiving water damages? There are a few precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn't too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you'll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
If your house experienced water damages, don't hesitate. Waiting only makes the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at (519)776-4567. Your local Paul Davis technicians will come to your house as soon as they can. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis will take care of it.